Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Hours: 08.00 – 17.00, Monday – Friday. Overtime as and when required.
As with all roles at CRH Plant, reasonable flexibility is a requirement of the role.
- On-site maintenance of plant.
- On site servicing and preventative maintenance
- Assistance with technical fault finding in both hydraulic and electrical fields.
- Passing on technical knowledge to other members of staff. Including training.
- Working closely with apprentices whilst carrying out repairs.
- Ensuring service reports are complete after completing required repairs.
- Previous plant maintenance experience is essential including hydraulics
- NVQ Level 3 plant maintenance qualification is desirable, but applicants whom are time served will be equally considered.
- Familiarisation with compaction equipment -though machine specific training will be provided
- CSCS card holder – though the company will provide this if required
- Flexibility to work with other members of staff including apprentices.
- Full UK driving licence
This position comes with a competitive benefits package including a competitive hourly rate; company pension; company service vehicle and a mobile phone
Please contact the local depot for more information.
Apprentice – Construction Equipment Maintenance Mechanic
Depot Location: all depot locations
Hours: 08.00 – 17.00, Monday – Friday.
Want to earn as you learn? With an apprenticeship in Construction Equipment Maintenance with CRH Plant you will be able to do just that. This is a great opportunity for anyone with a keen interest in mechanics.
We are currently looking to recruit keen and enthusiastic, individuals with a logical and practical approach. Applicants will have, or be working towards, GCSE Grades C/D in Maths, English and a Technical subject. Applicants should have an interest in or experience of mechanics.
The role is diverse and will develop through experience; you can expect your duties to include:
- To report to and follow work instruction from mentor and supervisor
- To maintain, fault find and repair plant under supervision and guidance
- To carry out scheduled PDI inspections and service under supervision and guidance
- To be self-motivated
- The ability to work within a team with a “willing to help attitude”
- To have a proactive approach to tidiness
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas
- To have a high standard of safety awareness
- To complete all documentation clearly and accurately
- Hands on approach and a willingness to learn new skills
As an apprentice with CRH you can expect to earn a competitive salary which will increase with experience.
An apprenticeship with CRH Plant can lead to bigger and better things, not only will apprentices become fully qualified Plant mechanics but have, in the past, progressed to the posts of Foreman/ Workshop Manager or General Manager of a depot, even our Technical Director and Managing Director are graduated apprentices.
If you are interested in the above then please send a copy of your CV to Pete Austin – email@example.com